cherryforum.free-boards.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free forum for every Cherry Mobile android phone user. A discussion of phone reviews, firmware, apps, games, themes.. etc. Registration is free. Filipino Community - This is a free forum not related with cherrymobile.com.ph

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ian_eo

Respect : 3

Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) Empty
PostSubject: Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)   Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:31 am

What you can find in this POST:

1. Backup Framework Flasher File

2. Steps you need to do: (Before modding any files)

For CWM Only:
3. Steps you need to do: (After modding, your bootloop and you dont have a Framework Flasher)(Only For CWM)

4. Steps to copy Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip using ADB commands (Only for CWM)

For Stock Recovery:
5. Steps you need to do: Before&After modding, your bootloop and you dont have a Framework Flasher)

6. HoneyComb Ripple effects lockscreen

7. Installation Directory(when using CWM or Stock Recovery)

8. How to Use a Flashable Zip Files

====================================================
Info:
The purpose of this doc is for those who like to modify their framework-res.apk and framework.jar files especially the newer guys on android, after they made modification at times a bad compile or a bad file download can occur and could lead to a bootloop on your beloved flare.

It is still advisable that you make a backup of your original framework-res.apk and framework.jar files since every custom ROM has a different modifications made in it and installing this backup could loose those mods made by the dev that released the custom ROM.

Files included on the flashable Zip file:
-framework-res.apk
-framework.jar

Reason for using a flashable framework files:
-after modding the framework files and you made a bad edit, a can bootloop occur. People tend to flash the whole rom to get the phone back operating properly. By using this flashable zip file, you can flash back just the modified framework files and not the whole new rom.

-kindly add if have more...

Steps you need to do: (before modding any files)

Note: If you are on Stock Recovery, just download the Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip and place it on your external SDCARD. Use it to flash back your Framework files.

1. Download the Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip and copy it on your internal sdcard(the sdcard that is built in on the device).

Download link:
Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. Make some mods and test it. if bootloop occurs, proceed to next step.
Note: If no problems occur on your framework mod. kindly share, we'll be happy to try it. =)

3. Use CWM/Stock recovery (depending on what you use) to flash Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip file.

Note: once flashed a msg would say that you flashed the framework-res.apk file. in actuality both files were installed. i just forgot to change the text in it.lol.. sorry... =)

Steps you need to do: (After modding, you bootloop and you don't have a Framework Flasher)(Only For CWM)
(NEEDS knowledge on ADB to WORK)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE ON WHAT HAPPENS ON YOUR DEVICE, IT IS UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO TRY THIS METHOD. IT WORKS FOR ME, IT WILL PROBABLY WORK ON YOUR DEVICE AS WELL, BUT I CAN'T GUARANTEE IT ALWAYS..

Things you need to have on your PC:
-pcdrivers.zip already installed on your PC
-ADB Platform-tools

Info:
This is for those who encountered bootloops after editing or deleting the framework-res.apk and framwork.jar files on your /system/framework folder. This can work as well on other files as long as you can boot to CWM and have a backup of the file/files.

I haven't tried in on Stock Recovery so I don't know if it will work from there. I'm still not good in ADB but this if how I do it when i can't boot.

1. Install your ADB drivers(pcdrivers.zip)
Note: this can be found on your flare, just look for it and install it. Check the file section if you don't know how to install it.

2. Download and setup you Android ADB & Fastboot.
Note: you can follow this tutorial from redmonpie on how to setup.

Alternatively: you can download my copy of the ADB Platform-tools, but will still need to follow the tutorial from Redmonpie on how to set it up.

3. Get a copy of your working framework-res.apk and framework.jar and place it on your c: drive.

Note: you can also use the Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip above if you forgot have a backup. Just extract it and get the 2 framework files inside.

4. Boot your device on CWM > "mounts and storage" > "mount /system"
Note: it should now appear "unmount /system"

Note: You can do this also from adb shell(from command prompt)
adb devices
adb shell
mount system

5. Open command prompt by going to your "platform-tools" folder then "hold shift key + right mouse click" > Open Command Window Here.

6. Type this commands in command prompt.
adb devices ---> to check if your phone is accesible.
adb push c:\framework-res.apk /system/framework/
adb push c:\framework.jar /system/framework/

Note: using the last 2 command above, the file framework-res.apk and framework.jar should be on your drive c:

7. Verify if the file is transferred properly. Still within command prompt.
adb shell
ls /system/framework

Note: the 2 framework files should appear on the posted list.

8. Change the permission of the file. Still on command prompt.
chmod 644 /system/framework-res.apk
chmod 644 /system/framework.jar
exit

9. Reboot device, still on command prompt.
adb reboot
Note: if it does not reboot, try the one from the menu.
if it does not reboot after trying to reboot from the menu, remove battery..

Steps to copy Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip using ADB commands
(NEEDS knowledge on ADB to WORK)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE ON WHAT HAPPENS ON YOUR DEVICE, IT IS UP TO YOU IF YOU WANT TO TRY THIS METHOD. IT WORKS FOR ME, IT WILL PROBABLY WORK ON YOUR DEVICE AS WELL, BUT I CAN'T GUARANTEE IT ALWAYS..

Info:
your flare is on bootloop and you want to just copy Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip and use it to recover your device from the bootloop.

Things you need to have on your PC:
-pcdrivers.zip already installed on your PC
-ADB Platform-tools

1. Install your ADB drivers(pcdrivers.zip)
Note: this can be found on your flare, just look for it and install it. Check the file section if you don't know how to install it.

2. Download and setup you Android ADB & Fastboot.
Note: you can follow this tutorial from redmonpie on how to setup.

Alternatively: you can download my copy of the ADB Platform-tools, but will still need to follow the tutorial from Redmonpie on how to set it up.

3. Get a copy of Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip and place it on your c: drive.

4. Boot your device on CWM > "mounts and storage" > "mount /sdcard"
Note: it should now appear "unmount /sdcard"

Note: You can do this also from adb shell(from command prompt)
adb devices
adb shell
mount sdcard ---> don't be confused with these, it is the internal sdcard of your device

5. Open command prompt by going to your "platform-tools" folder then "hold shift key + right mouse click" > Open Command Window Here.

6. Type this commands in command prompt.
adb devices ---> to check if your phone is accesible.
adb push c:\Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip /sdcard/

Note: using the last command above, the file Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip should be on your drive c:

7. Verify if the file is transfered properly. Still within command prompt.
adb shell
ls /sdcard
exit

Note: Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip should appear on the posted list.
-you can also use this method to copy any flashable ROMs that needs flashing tru CWM.

8. Use Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip to flash the framework files.

9. Reboot device, still on command prompt.
adb reboot
Note: if it does not reboot, try the one from the menu.
if it does not reboot after trying to reboot from the menu, remove battery..

Steps you need to do: Before&After modding, your bootloop and you dont have a Framework Flasher)(For Stock Recovery)

1. Download a copy Backup Framework Flasher and place it on your External SDCARD.

Backup_Framework_Flasher.zip

2. Follow the steps provided below "How to Use a Flashable Zip Files"

HoneyComb Ripple effects lockscreen
BONUS by Jodanny Danz Monzon

Based framework of HyperTurtle
-can be used on other roms as well

Download link:

Installation Directory:

CWM - Internal SDcard
/sdcard/SD_CARD/"Flashable Zip Files"

Stock Recovery - External microSD
/sdcard/"Flashable Zip Files"

Note: Since there are a lot of Flashable Zip you can use, you can place those files inside a folder, like mine. This is to have them organized.

ex.
CWM - Internal SDcard
/sdcard/SD_CARD/Fonts/"font zips" ---> For Fonts
/sdcard/SD_CARD/ROM/"Flashable ROM" ---> For Custom ROMs
/sdcard/SD_CARD/Splash/"Flashable Splash IMG" ---> For Splash Images

Stock Recovery - External microSD
/sdcard/Fonts/"font zip"
/sdcard/ROM/"Flashable ROM"
/sdcard/Splash/"Flashable Splash IMG"

How to Use a Flashable Zip Files

Steps:
1) Download the file from the links provided.
2) Place the downloaded files on the root folder of your EXTERNAL microSD or Internal SDcard(This depends on what you use.)
3) Turn off your phone.
4) Boot on to Recovery (CWM or Stock Recovery)
Note: Press Volume up + Power, release once it is on the red screen.

5. Follow this next step on which recovery menu you are using.
For Stock Recovery:
a. Select "Apply Update from External Storage"
b. Select Flashable Zip file.
Note: If the Flashable Zip file is placed inside a folder, just select or go to that folder to access the Flashable Zip file.
c. Select Reboot System Now...

For CWM Recovery:
a. Select "Install Zip from SDcard"
b. Select "Choose Zip from SDcard"
c. Select Flashable Zip file.
Note: If the Flashable Zip file is placed inside a folder, just select or go to that folder to access the Flashable Zip file.
d. Select " Yes - Install CMFlareFont - ComicSans.zip"
e. Select "Go Back"
f. Select "Reboot System Now"
g. Select "NO"

Note:
-This last step is on CWM v6.0.2.7, on CWM v5.0.2.8, from what I know this is not appearing.
-If it does not reboot, remove the battery.

Credits to XDA, Redmonpie, Jodanny Danz Monzon, Ryan Rudolf Oba for the files i used and the infos.
Credits to other members of this group as well. sorry i forgot your names..

Last edited by ian_eo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rushaid

Respect : 1

Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)   Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 am

hey very nice work by you guys thankx i appreciate
Back to top Go down
Rushaid

Respect : 1

PostSubject: Re: Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)   Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 am

sir who was the admin please give me access to post link plz
Back to top Go down
ian_eo

PostSubject: Re: Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)   Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:38 am

thanks.. will add as well, recover from bootloop when changing fonts.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN

ADMIN
Admin

Respect : 40

PostSubject: Re: Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)   Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:36 am

Sir rush, sorry for the inconvenience but our system works that way, new members can post links up until 7 days after they register Smile, Dont worry soon enough you can post links all you want.

Sir ian_eo on the app section I've posted their stock font recoverable thru cwm, I dont know how to create a flashable zip that can work on stock recovery..
Back to top Go down
https://cherryforum.forumtl.com
ian_eo

PostSubject: Re: Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)   Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Bootloops on font installation. i have made already a flashable zip both for Stock Recovery and CWM. its on the file section of the Cherry Mobile Flare PH (OFFICIAL). Look for "FONT VIA STOCK RECOVERY & CWM"

I have updated the flashable font on that thread as well. they have been tested and worked on CWM and Stock Recovery. Just ask Carolyn that you are gonna mirror her mediafire links she created. The links from dropbox is mine you can use that one as well..

Follow the disclaimer i place on that thread so that anyone that will use the flashable font zip file can recover from bootloops cause by installing any fonts.

sorry got busy with their font request.. silly me.. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)   Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bootloop Recovery(from Framework Mods) & Backup Framework Flasher (Flashable Via CWM/Stock Recovery)
Page 1 of 1